We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Our team without a doubt considers it our duty to serve those who have served us. For that reason we have programs specifically designed to take care of our Veterans within our own community, so they do not have to seek out National Cemeteries that can often be a considerable distance from their home.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Giles Memory Gardens can:
Provide a FREE SPACE TO ALL VETERANS WITH A HONORABLE DISCHARGE.
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (931) 363-0097. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.
Private owned cemetery or veterans
There are a few key differences between private cemeteries and state veteran's cemeteries. While both are wonderful options, the differences center on choice.
Giles Memory Gardens (Private Cemetery):
- Free Cemetery Space
- Choice of Location of Space
- Option of Being Laid to Rest Near/with Other Loved Ones Service
- Time and Date of Service Options
- Military Honors
- Organization of the Service
- Graveside Attendance Permitted
- Choice of Cremation Niche or Mausoleum Entombment
- Choice of Arbors Pavilion Commital Service or Cremations or Non-Traditional Funeral Services
- Order Military Marker
- Provide Flower First Flower Arrangement Free of Charge
- Free Cemetery Space
- Does not provide choice of space
- No Choice of Time and Date for Service
- Military Honors Provided
- 15 Min Provided for Service Time
- Burial Not Able to Be Attended
Order Military Marker
oUR fallen heroes program
Words cannot express the gratitude we owe to those who protect our American way of life. That is why we created the Fallen Heroes Program. In recognition of the exceptional commitment they have shown, we are proud to offer a free cemetery space at no cost to the loved ones of an American Veteran with any amount of service so long as they were honorably discharged.
Anyone killed in action in the Armed Forces or in the line of duty as a police officer, firefighter or EMS professional are eligible for a cemetery space and funeral services through Williams Funeral Home at no cost to the Fallen Hero’s family.
For more information on Veterans benefits click here.